Our life so far...

Monday, July 12, 2010

Summer so far...









Sadee and Aidan were so excited to take swimming lessons. Aidan was very shy at first but then realized how much he enjoyed the water. Sadee did really great too. She's never been able to go underwater out of fear. These lessons helped her overcome that.














Cole will be doing the Bair Gutsman in August. So him and his friends, Nick and Heather, decided they'd go check it out before the actual day of the race. Of course i thought it would be fun and so my mom and I joined them. 13 miles!!! 6.5 miles up a steep trail. The view was breathtaking! For the race you hike up the 6-7 miles to the radio tours and then you run 5 miles across. Instead of doing this we hiked up and then came back down the same trail. NOT FUN COMING DOWN! I fell on my butt a whole bunch of times and encountered a rattle snake! We did have a great time though.









In June, our older brother, Carlos, came to visit with his two sons. We had such a fun time. We went to Boondocks and went on a couple of hikes. He even started running with me. What a great sport!! Him and his wife decided to move out here so we can't wait for that!













Ogden Waterfalls Trail















McKay-Dee Hospital 5k

I love it that my family have all become so excited about staying healthy. All my brothers did this 5k in June. The weather was crappy but we had so much fun encouraging each other. Even Sadee joined us! She walked all 3.1 miles! Tracy, my sister-in-law has started running as well. I'm excited because i never thought i'd be able to talk her into ever running. But she has and it has been a great experience for her. That first race always feels like a great accomplishment. Keep it up trace!
Hopefully we'll get to post future races of other family members. Cody got running shoes from Jessica for father's day. So hopefully very soon he'll be sharing his experiences as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment