Our life so far...

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sadee's Big Desicion


Sadee turned eight in April. We have always talked to her about baptism and how daddy and mommy want her to do it because she wants to. Not because we expect her to. We have always let her know that it has always been her decision and when she is ready and feels that it is something she wants to do, we will be there to support her.

I remember when I was baptized twenty years ago. My mom, dad and I were converts to the church. Even at only eight years old I remember feeling something very special. I knew it was a good decision. I think I mostly wanted to join the church because I saw how it had united my mom and dad. I remember feeling that any gospel and church that had made that happen for them had to be true. So i couldn't wait to get baptized. Because for me, it wasn't just about joining a church. It was about realizing that I could be with my family forever and that most importantly we could always have love at home and be a family.

I want my daughter to feel this happiness. And she has let me know that she is ready for the responsibility that comes with getting baptized.


No comments:

Post a Comment