Our life so far...

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day



This year we decided that we wanted to treat Grandpa Meldrum to a little vacation for Father’s Day. He is so good to us and with so many kids and grandkids wanting all his attention, we thought that it would be a good idea to steal him for a couple of days and have Sadee and Aidan have some Grandpa time.


Cody, Jessica and Ammon came along too and it was so fun to spend some time with them. I don’t think grandpa really expected to get so spoiled on this trip. Cole and Cody didn’t let him spend any money which annoyed him a couple of times! That was pretty funny. Cole and I treated him to the hot pools and Cody and Jess to the aquatic center at Lava.


We camped at the KOA in Lava Hot Springs. It was only about two hours away which was really nice since my back isn’t doing so great due to my pregnancy and lack of exercise these days. We went the first week of June so we thought that we'd have really nice weather. Not too hot but not too cold. Umm... yeah. It felt like December the first two nights! Not only did it hail one night, but after going to bed I swear a tornado came through that night. The kids were loving it though. They never cared that it was so cold. Our last day there was the nicest of course. Still cold, but at least we were able to go to the pool. I hate being cold so I tried to stay out of the pool but the kids convinced me and of course you know how that goes. You have to make them happy right?





I have to say that I love Cole's family. I am so lucky to not only have him in my life but, although I never say it enough I love his sister, brothers and his dad. They are such a special family and I feel lucky to be a part of it. It was really nice to spend some time with Cole and the kids and Cody and his family and Grandpa. I think we are making this a tradition. The kids loved building memories with Mark. They enjoyed the ice cream he bought them, their time with him at the playground and the pool, making smores and especially playing Uno those cold nights.


Last but not least, for a final treat....Maddox. Grandpa's favorite restaurant. Cody and Cole thought we just had to stop on our way home and eat there for lunch. Needless to say that he "loved it".
Happy Father's Day!!!



2 comments:

  1. Awesome! What a great idea! it looks and sounds like so much fun! I might have to steal that idea one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also....ICongrats on teh baby, we are so excited for you guys...sorry about your back though, that is never fun!

    ReplyDelete